THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MISS JANE PITTMAN
by GAINES, ERNEST J
- FINE IN A VERY GOOD+ D.J.
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman is a 1971 novel by Ernest J. Gaines. The book was made into an award-winning television movie in 1973. The film holds importance as one of the first films to deal with African-American characters with depth and sympathy. It preceded the ground-breaking television miniseries Roots by four years. The story depicts the struggles of African Americans as seen through the eyes of the narrator, a woman named Jane Pittman.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MISS JANE PITTMAN
- GAINES, ERNEST J
- Book condition
- Used - FINE IN A VERY GOOD+ D.J.
- DIAL PRESS (THE)
- Place of Publication
- NEW YORK NY
- Date published
- PUB 1971
- AFRO-AMERICAN LIT, NOVEL, BLACK AUTHOR, SIGNED
Terms of Sale
JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS
$4.50 0 for "Media Mail" and 9.50 for Priority Mail.� IMAGES (JPGS) OF BOOKS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
About the Seller
About JOHN LUTSCHAK BOOKS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- remainder mark
- Usually an ink marking of some sort which indicates that the book was designated a remainder. In most cases, it can be found on...[more]
- Common abbreviation for 'published'