The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman.
by GAINES, Ernest J
- Very slight sunning at top edge; very nice.
Rochester, New York
Standard Delivery: 13 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman is a 1971 novel by Ernest J. Gaines. The book was made into an award-winning television movie in 1973. The film holds importance as one of the first films to deal with African-American characters with depth and sympathy. It preceded the ground-breaking television miniseries Roots by four years. The story depicts the struggles of African Americans as seen through the eyes of the narrator, a woman named Jane Pittman.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman.
- GAINES, Ernest J
- Publisher's printed wrappers.
- Book condition
- Used - Very slight sunning at top edge; very nice.
- First edition; uncorrected galley proofs.
- The Dial Press,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date published
- 171 pp.
- Tall 8vo,