Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Bluest Eye is a 1970 novel by American author Toni Morrison. It is Morrison's first novel, written while Morrison was teaching at Howard University and was raising her two sons on her own. The story is about a year in the life of a young black girl in Lorain, Ohio named Pecola Breedlove. It takes place against the backdrop of America's Midwest as well as in the years following the Great Depression. Brutal in its depictions of racism, incest, and child molestation, The Bluest Eye has remained on the often-challenged and banned books list almost every year since its publication.
Read more: Identifying first editions of The Bluest Eye
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Jay W. Nelson, Bookseller
About the Seller
About Jay W. Nelson, Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]