THE COMPLETE ANGLER or The Contemplative Man's Recreation Being a Discourse of Rivers Fish-ponds Fish and Fishing .. And Instructions how to Angle for a Trout or Grayling in a Clear Stream .. With Memoirs and Notes by Sir Harris Nicolas [2 Volumes]
by Walton, Izaak and Charles Cotton
- very good
- Very Good
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Hugh Anson-Cartwright Fine Books, ABAC/ILAB (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE COMPLETE ANGLER or The Contemplative Man's Recreation Being a Discourse of Rivers Fish-ponds Fish and Fishing .. And Instructions how to Angle for a Trout or Grayling in a Clear Stream .. With Memoirs and Notes by Sir Harris Nicolas [2 Volumes]
- Walton, Izaak and Charles Cotton
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- William Pickering
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Illustrated; Natural History; Sports; Pastimes; Literature;
- Stout Quarto
Terms of Sale
Hugh Anson-Cartwright Fine Books, ABAC/ILAB
- All prices are in Canadian Dollars. Postage and Insurance are extra.
- 5% HST on Canadian Orders.�
- Institutions billed as usual, with Purchase Order if necessary for your records.
- Orders ship within 24 hours with VISA and MasterCard purchases, and upon receipt of a Canadian or International Money Order. Cheques may be held until cleared.
- Any item may be returned within five days of receipt.
**Please call or email in advance for proper return instructions to Canada**
SHIPPING PRICES are set for the maximum distance destinations from Toronto, ie. Vancouver, Canada; California, USA; and to Australia, Internationally. Please enquire for the shipping cost to your destination - it is most likely less than quoted here.
About the Seller
About Hugh Anson-Cartwright Fine Books, ABAC/ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- Especially for older books, a printer's device refers to an identifying mark, also sometimes called a printer's mark, on the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.