Creation of a World Centre of Communication (INSCRIBED)
by Andersen, Hendrik Christian
- near fine
- Near Fine/No Jacket
Flemington, New Jersey
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1st Edition . Hardcover. Near Fine/No Jacket. Inscribed/ Signed by VIP othe. Inscribed by author's sister Lucia from the family home in Rome (now a museum for the Andersen collection) to a member of the Cabot Lodge family of Boston, Adelaide on half title page. Many large photos, 24 plates many double sided w/tissue guards, much foxing but due to the paper rag content and ink composition some of the designs are truly aesthetic almost an art in themselves, elephant folio, very heavy as 3/4 leather binding with five compartments and full marble paper on both pastedowns and eps, a gorgeous production of limited printing, 3 1/2" to 4" text margins, 218/275cc. Bump to lower front tip and slight stains to front marble paper and minor rubbing and wear along edges else NF.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- BohemianBookworm (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Creation of a World Centre of Communication (INSCRIBED)
- Andersen, Hendrik Christian
- Book condition
- second hand - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- FINE ART, ARCHITECTURE
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com.au member since 2013
Flemington, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
Since 1991 BOHEMIAN BOOKWORM has been pleased to sell rare, vintage, antiquarian and distinctive used books to discriminating bibliophiles and other book and ephemera buyers searching for uncommon 1st editions and "out of print" gently used books and ephemera.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,... [more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at... [more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]