Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Hornblower and the Crisis is a 1967 historical novel by C. S. Forester. It forms part of the Horatio Hornblower series, and as a result of C.S. Forester's death in 1966, it was left unfinished. There is a one-page summary of the last several chapters of the book found on the final page, taken from notes left behind from the author. It was the eleventh and last book of the series to be published, but it is fourth in chronological sequence.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Rooke Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Hornblower and the Crisis
- C. S. Forester
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- First edition
- Michael Joseph
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Hornblower and the Crisis c. s. forester hornblower hortaio hornblower c. s. forester navy napoleon
- 8\" by 5.5\"
Terms of Sale
Books are sent on approval and may be returned in like condition for any reason within 14 days of receipt. Responsibility of return to be with the purchaser.
About the Seller
About Rooke Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Publisher's cloth
- A hardcover book comprised of cloth over hard pasteboard boards. ...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]