Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Even though Ralph Ellison's novel Invisible Man is sometimes featured on banned books lists, it remains a consistent staple on many high school reading curriculums. In the novel, Ellison laments the feeling of hopelessness and invisibility that many Black men experience in the United States, and it elegantly explores the themes of racism and bigotry in ways that are both unsettling and accessible.
Read more: Identifying first editions of INVISIBLE MAN
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Quill & Brush
We accept checks in U.S. dollars, PayPal, and all major credit cards. PLEASE NOTE: All books labeled "first edition" are first printings of the first published edition. All books labeled "first U.S. edition" are first printings in the U.S. and were preceded by the "true" first edition which may have been published in England, Canada, etc. We describe condition in as much detail as reasonable. "Fine in dust jacket" means both the book and dust jacket are fine; any faults with the book and/or dust jacket are noted.
About the Seller
About Quill & Brush
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]