Journal des Dames et des Modes 1912
by T.A. [Tommaso Antogini]
- very good
- Very Good/None
Standard Delivery: 9 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition of all 79 issues, complete with 186 hand-coloured pochoir engravings after fashion plates by some of the greatest artists of the era.
Number 742 of only 1250 sets on Holland paper (out of a total edition of 1279).
Complete set of this stylish periodical that was published from June 1912 to August 1914, ending with the outbreak of the First World War.
An homage to the title and format of La Mésangère's periodical of 100 years before, the new "Journal des Dames et des Modes" was edited by "T.A." or Tommaso Antongini, personal secretary and biographer of Italian poet Gabriele D'Annunzio.
With prose by Henri Duvernois, Marcel Boulenger and Paul Margueritte, poems by Jean Cocteau, Anna de Noailles, Lucie Delarue-Mardrus, and others.
The fine pochoir fashion plates by famous Belle Epoque illustrators including Georges Barbier, Léon Bakst, Bernard Boutet de Monvel, Umberto Brunelleschi, H. Robert Dammy, Paul Iribe, Charles Martin, Fernand Siméon, etc.
All 186 plates present, numbered 1-184 with two unnumbered plates. One sample of marbled fabric.
Volumes 1 to 3 bound in full leather with raised bands, red labels and gilt spines, wraps bound in at rear.
Volume 4 with each issue in original wrappers, inserted loosely into half-yearly original large blue wraps.
Leather bindings slighted scuffed and original wrappers faded and fragile, with some split along the fold. Damage to top 5mm of spine, front hinge detached and book block splitting in Vol. 3.
All text pages and hand-colored plates in clean and fresh condition with fine hand-color.
Very rare to find complete with all plates, text and wrappers (advertisements in Vol. 4 only).
Currently, shipping to US by Fed-Ex only (Japan Post option not available).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Florilegius (JP)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Journal des Dames et des Modes 1912
- T.A. [Tommaso Antogini]
- Georges Barbier, etc.
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Aux Bureaux du Journal des Dames
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- illustrated, fashion, Barbier, Paris, Belle Epoque, costume, pochoir
- Bookseller catalogs
- Octavo, 23 x 14cm
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]