Katalog knig biblioteki Alekseia Petrovicha Bakhrushina. Vypusk I, II, III, [IV] [Catalog of books in the library of Aleksei Petrovich Bakhrushin, vols. I-III, as well as the fourth installment listing books in foreign languages -- complete]
by Imperatorskii Rossiiskii Istoricheskii Muzei imeni Imperatora Aleksandra III
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Moscow: Imperatorskii Rossiiskii Istoricheskii Muzei imeni Imperatora Aleksandra III; Tipo-Lit. Torgovogo doma Korkin, Veideman i Ko, 1911-1912. Quartos (26.8 Ã 18 cm). Original printed wrappers; , 1-190, 191-382, 383-597, , and , 1-77,  pp. Three photogravure plates, two with protective tissue guards. Occasional light wear to spine extremities; bookstore marks partially erased to rear wrappers; very good copies. Complete catalog, in four volumes, of the collection built by the Moscow merchant Aleksei Bakhrushin (1853-1904) over three decades. Bakhrushin's library contained over 25.000 volumes, largely on Russian history, art, and literature, including reference works and Rossica in foreign languages, which the catalog lists alphabetically. The fourth installment adds foreign-language books collected by Bakhrushin, also mainly on topics relating to Russia, as well as on library science and art history. During Bakhrushin's life, the library was used widely by scholars and fellow collectors, as documented by his guestbook, which contains entries by Pavel Efremov, Ivan Zabelin, D. V. Ul'ianinskii and many others. In 1904, after his death, the collection was bequeathed to the Russian Historical Museum located just off Red Square in Moscow, along with Bakhrushin's extensive holdings in paintings, decorative arts, antiques, posters, and other printed ephemera. In 1938, the greater part of the books was transferred to the State Public Historical Library. The publication of the catalogs was financed by the collector's widow, Anna S. Bakhrushina. With three photogravures showing Bakhrushin and the collection at his home in Vorontsovo Pole, Moscow (vol. I) and a frontis showing the new Bakhrushin room at the Historical Museum, which housed the collection after his death.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Bernett Penka Rare Books LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Katalog knig biblioteki Alekseia Petrovicha Bakhrushina. Vypusk I, II, III, [IV] [Catalog of books in the library of Aleksei Petrovich Bakhrushin, vols. I-III, as well as the fourth installment listing books in foreign languages -- complete]
- Imperatorskii Rossiiskii Istoricheskii Muzei imeni Imperatora Aleksandra III
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- russia, russian, library, libraries, book history, collection, collecting, catalog, catalogs, bibliography, bibliophile, bibliophilia, museum, museums, history, historical
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Bernett Penka Rare Books LLC
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com.au member since: 2008
Ask Seller a Question
About Bernett Penka Rare Books LLC
Bernett Penka Rare Books specializes in rare and out-of-print scholarly books on the History of Art and Architecture from antiquity to the present. Since 1944 we have been helping institutional libraries and individuals build their collections.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]