LOOK HOMEWARD ANGEL
by Thomas Wolfe
- very good
- Very Good/NO DJ
Nashua, New Hampshire
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
a Very Good Copy of the First Edition.
Look Homeward, Angel: A Story of the Buried Life is a 1929 novel by Thomas Wolfe. It is Wolfe's first novel, and is considered a highly autobiographical American Bildungsroman. The character of Eugene Gant is generally believed to be a depiction of Wolfe himself. The novel covers the span of time from Gant's birth to the age of 19. The setting is the fictional town and state of Altamont, Catawba, which is considered to be a not-so-subtle mirror of his hometown, Asheville, North Carolina.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- YJS BOXES OF BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- LOOK HOMEWARD ANGEL
- Thomas Wolfe
- Profusely Illustrated by Douglas W. Gorsline.
- Cream cloth over boards, gold and black design of angel on front over, black designs at spine with gold lettering. NO DJ
- Book condition
- second hand - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- NO DJ
- Quantity available
- Charlesl Scribner's Sons, New York (1947)
- Charlesl Scribner's Sons, New York (1947) #1193
- Date Published
- bc bib web #1193 Item #1040 bx58
Terms of Sale
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
If more information is needed about any of our books, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail. We will get back to you in a timely manner.
Terms of sale for YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives improperly or damaged.
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS specializes in Autobiographies and Biographies of the Rich and Famous, First and Signed First Editions, Historical: Non-Fiction and Fiction, People, Places and Things, Modern Mysteries and Thrillers, Rare and Vintage
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [more]
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]