Peter and Wendy
by J.M. Barrie
- very good
- Very Good/No Jacket
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Peter and Wendy (1911) is the title of James M. Barrie's novelization of his most famous play, Peter Pan: or, The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up (1904). Inspired by Barrie's friendship with the Llewelyn Davies family, both the play and the novel tell the story of Peter Pan, a mischievous young boy who can fly, and his adventures on the island of Neverland with Wendy Darling and her brothers. The novel follows the play closely, though its final chapter is an addition to the original work. Peter and Wendy was first published in 1911 by Hodder & Stoughton in the United Kingdom and Charles Scribner's Sons in the United States. In 1929, Barrie gave the copyright to the works featuring Peter Pan to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), Britain's leading children's hospital.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- PJK Books and Such Inc (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Peter and Wendy
- J.M. Barrie
- F. D. Bedford
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- second hand - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Charles Scribner's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Childrens Fiction
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
PJK Books and Such Inc
We accept VISA/MC/AMEX/DISCOVER, check or money order, and PayPal.
Libraries, institutions, and accredited dealers can be sent books with invoice.
- FEDEX Ground or Priority Mail Box, $15 for the first book, $8 for each additional book.
- USPS Express Flat Rate Envelope (single book only, subject to size limitations), $26.00 - USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope (single book orders only, subject to size limitations), $8.00.
- USPS Media Mail, $3.50 for the first book, $2.00 for each thereafter.
- USPS Priority Mail International (5-8 days)
- USPS First Class (10-21 days)
CANADA, CENTRAL AMERICA, EUROPE:
- International Priority Mail shipment (5-8 days), $27.00 for the first book, $12.00 for each additional book (subject to size limitations)
- International First Class shipment (10 to 21 days), $18.00 for the first book, $8.00 for each additional book.
ALL OTHER COUNTRIES:
- International Priority Mail shipment (5-8 days), $32.00 for the first book, $12.00 for each additional book (subject to size limitations)
- International First Class shipment (10 to 21 days), $23.00 for the first book, $8.00 for each additional book. Any postage fees incurred above these rates are billed at cost.
Fine is our highest grade. All books noted as First Editions are also First Printings unless otherwise described.All books are guaranteed to be as described, and may be returned within 30 days for any reason for a full refund, including postage and return postage if book is not as described.
About the Seller
About PJK Books and Such Inc
The vast majority of our inventory was purchased from the John Steele bookstore in Litchfield, Connecticut, when the bookstore closed. The proprietor sourced his books by attending estate sales in and around New England. Each week we will be listing more of the wonderful books we discover. Repairs are carefully made, and are noted in our descriptions. Each book is carefully inspected, described and then carefully packed. We hope you will enjoy browsing our store.
We are an online-only shop, with our inventory in Murrells Inlet, SC. If you are local, and would like to make an appointment, please give us a call and let us know what you would like to see. You may phone us between 8 a.m and 4 p.m. EST any day. or email an order at any time,.
If you would like to see additional pictures of any book, please let us know and we will be happy to send photos.
PJK Books and Such
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]