SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET
by Harrer, Heinrich
- VERY FINE, AS NEW book, VG DJ(in Brodart). 8.5" high, 314pp.
Lyndonville, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- Quiet Friends (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET
- Harrer, Heinrich
- Many illustrations.
- Book condition
- New VERY FINE, AS NEW book, VG DJ(in Brodart). 8.5" high, 314pp.
- 1st edition.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 1954 (1953cp)
- VERY FINE, AS NEW book, VG DJ(in Brodart). FLAWLESS book. Bright DJ, complete with $5 price. DJ extrems with 1/4" chips.
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Visa, M/C, MO, Check. Shipping is free for a "regular" weight book. But for heavier books, and multi volume sets, we ask for any additional postage. Basically we pay the first $3.
About the Seller
About Quiet Friends
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or... [more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- Book-of-the-Month Club These are popular books republished and sold at a discounted price by one of these many clubs, the... [more]