Seven Years In Tibet
by Harrer Heinrich
- 288pp, sunning to spine area with a little staining, Good+ in VG dw, signed by Heinrich Harrer on the front endpaper.
Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Glacier Books (GB)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Seven Years In Tibet
- Harrer Heinrich
- Book condition
- second hand - 288pp, sunning to spine area with a little staining, Good+ in VG dw, signed by Heinrich Harrer on the front endpaper.
- 1953 Fifth Impression
- Rupert Hart-Davis
- Date Published
- MOUNTAINEERING HIMALAYA - travel mountaineering mountain alpinism bergsteigen rock climbing hill walking asia asian himalaya himalayan himalayas exploration discovery tibet signed
Terms of Sale
GUARANTEE OF SERVICE.� It is extremely important to us that you are pleased with your order.�
EU Customers - please note since Brexit, your own EU Country may be applying extra VAT and also handling charges on your parcel upon it's arrival in your country, if you haven't already paid these via your Biblio order. Please contact us BEFORE placing an order to discuss.
About the Seller
About Glacier Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or... [more]