Seven Years in Tibet; Translated by Richard Graves - [Uniform Title: Sieben Jahre in Tibet. English]
by Harrer, Heinrich (1912-2006)
- Fine cloth copy in a good if somewhat edge-nicked, creased and dust-dulled dw, now mylar-sleeved. Remains particularly and surpr
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- MW Books Ltd. (IE)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Seven Years in Tibet; Translated by Richard Graves - [Uniform Title: Sieben Jahre in Tibet. English]
- Harrer, Heinrich (1912-2006)
- Book condition
- second hand - Fine cloth copy in a good if somewhat edge-nicked, creased and dust-dulled dw, now mylar-sleeved. Remains particularly and surpr
- Quantity available
- Stated First Edition
- New York, Dutton
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
MW Books Ltd.
Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt if you are unsatisfied with either our description of, or the book itself.
About the Seller
About MW Books Ltd.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]