Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Cape Town: Atkinson & Partners (S.A.) Limited, 1929., 1929. Edition Deluxe limited to 500 numbered copies, these being number 495. Two Volumes, complete. Very large, very heavy folios. Frontispiece portrait photograph of His Excellency The Real of Athlone and title page photograph, with tissue guard. xv, 624 pp.; frontispiece photograph of The Rt. Hon. Cecil Rhodes and title page photograph, with tissue guard. xiii, 526 pp. Both volumes are profusely illustrated with B & W photographs. Bound in red leather over beveled boards, 5 raised spinal bands, all edges gilt. Coated marbled endpapers. Both volumes are very tight, with the red leather unfaded and bright; interiors are bright and unfoxed. South Africa and Rhodesia has just very light rubbing and is near fine; South Africa has modest rubbing at the extremities and on the covers, very good plus. Overall a superior set and uncommon thus.. 1st Edition. Hardcover. Near Fine.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Thomas Dorn ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Sports and Sportsmen. Two Volumes. South Africa and Rhodesia. South Africa.
- Cape Times (Compiled and Edited by)
- Book condition
- 1st Edition
- Cape Town: Atkinson & Partners (S.A.) Limited, 1929.
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Thomas Dorn ABAA
CALL (770-924-9688) or EMAIL (email@example.com) for credit card purchases or for further information. Payment by check, money order, or for your convenience, we gladly accept VISA, MasterCard & AMEX. Georgia residents please add 7% sales tax. All books fully guaranteed and may be returned within seven days (after notification) for any reason. DIGITAL IMAGES of any book readily available on request.Insured Priority Postage (USA): $6.00 first book, $3.00 each thereafter. Media Mail $4.00 for first book and $2.00 for each thereafter. Overseas orders calculated per order, per requirements. Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
About the Seller
Biblio.com.au member since: 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Thomas Dorn ABAA
Member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and the International Leagure of Antiquarian Booksellers. I specialize in literary first editions, Africa -- exploration, big game hunting, flora & fauna, medical books, foreign literature in english translation, medicine, science, philosophy, and general antiquarian.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Beveled edges, or beveled boards, describe a technique of binding in which the edges of book boards have been cut into slanted...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.