Travels in North America (3 volumes)(mixed 1st & 3rd editions 1829/1830)
by Basil Hall
- very good
- Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Three volume mixed set of 1st and 3rd editions. 1829-1830. Volume 1 is first edition, lacking the large map. Volumes 2 and 3 are third edition with large folding table in v.3 and 9 page appendix first appearing in this 3rd edition. Volumes rebound in matching modern brown cloth with black leather and gilt labels. Interiors are tight and bright. Only marking is a pencil initial on title page v.1. A nice set. Priced to reflect lack of map. Howes H48. Please see images of the books you will receive.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Ironwood Hills Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Travels in North America (3 volumes)(mixed 1st & 3rd editions 1829/1830)
- Basil Hall
- Book condition
- second hand - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Cadell and Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Exploration; American History;
Terms of Sale
Ironwood Hills Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives damaged, is the wrong item, or item description is fatally flawed. We can solve most problems.
About the Seller
Biblio.com.au member since 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Ironwood Hills Books
I specialize in selling accurately described collectible books. I post one or more scans for every book so you can see what you will receive.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- A book in which the pages have been bound into a covering replacing the original covering issued by the publisher.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.