Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriett Beecher Stowe, the title character Uncle Tom is a long-suffering slave, loyal to both his faith and his master. Presented with an opportunity to escape, he instead chooses to remain in slavery to avoid embarrassing his master. After being sold to a slave trader, Tom suffers brutal treatment and is eventually beaten to death for his refusal to betray his friends — made to represent an ideal of true Christianity. Enormously popular (it was the best-selling novel of the 19th century) and influential, it’s publication in 1852 was instrumental in bringing visibility to the cruel reality of slavery. In more recent years, it has come under considerable criticism for its portrayal of meekness and subservience and the phrase “Uncle Tom” is sometimes used as an epithet for someone seen as overly subservient.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Excellent book to gain empathy and insight into the enslaved pathos, struggle and plight! This book presents well designed ideas to ennoble and elivate the human race as brothers, and sisters of a common God, and Father of us all.
- Kazoo Books LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Uncle Tom's Cabin (Russian)
- Stowe, Harriet Beecher
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- Date published
- Vintage, American Classic, Russian
- Bookseller catalogs
- Collectible; Russian literature;
Terms of Sale
Kazoo Books LLC
All books are subject to prior sale. Shipping Priority mail or UPS $6.50 minimum for first book $2.00 each additional book, Media Mail $3.50 for 1st book plus $1.00 for each additional book(USA only). Large orders are sent via UPS at cost. Express (rush) and international shipping at cost air mail only (contact us for shipping costs). Will hold book for 10 days. Use our toll Free Number (800)516-2665 from within USA. Books may be returned ONLY if not as described and with prior approval. Check or money order drawn on a US bank (made out to Kazoo Books) or call or email us with a credit card (Visa/MC/Amex/Discover) Pay Pal
About the Seller
About Kazoo Books LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]