Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Jack Kerouac?s profound meditations on the Buddha?s life and religion In the mid-1950s, Jack Kerouac, a lifelong Catholic, became fascinated with Buddhism, an interest that had a significant impact on his ideas of spirituality and later found expression in such books as Mexico City Blues and The Dharma Bums . Originally written in 1955 and now published for the first time in paperback, Wake Up is Kerouac?s retelling of the life of Prince Siddhartha Gotama, who as a young man abandoned his wealthy family and comfortable home for a lifelong search for enlightenment. Distilled from a wide variety of canonical scriptures, Wake Up serves as both a penetrating account of the Buddha?s life and a concise primer on the principal teachings of Buddhism.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Chisholm Trail Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Wake Up: A Life of the Buddha
- Kerouac, Jack
- Book condition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- NY: Viking, 2008
- Place of Publication
- New York
- This edition first published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fine Editions;
Terms of Sale
Chisholm Trail Bookstore
June 12, 2020
- All books are carefully packed.
- Some tax collected through this site.
- Otherwise, buyer personally responsible for tax.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of order.
About the Seller
About Chisholm Trail Bookstore
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...[more]