Lowell, Michigan, USA
Search the inventory of Bettie's Pages
About Bettie's Pages
Bettie's Pages is a vintage inspired used bookstore located in Lowell, MI. We offer a great selection of high quality used books.
Biblio Member Since2019
216 E Main StLowell, MI 49331 USA
Phone: (616) 319-1614
Terms of sale for Bettie's Pages30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with Nicole Lintemuth of Bettie's Pages
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I spent years day dreaming about the idea of my own little bookstore. But never thought it would be a reality. I spent years working in banking, and enjoyed it. But my passion was still with books, and so one day...I wrote a business plan. Just for fun. And before I knew it I was ready to open and took the plunge. We officially opened our doors in January 2020 and it's been a wild year, our first location flooded, and then COVID closed us down after a month at our current location.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I've always been passionate about books and stories. I have always been a voracious reader and love to share and recommend books to people. Getting to combine my passion for books with my love of customer service was a natural connection.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- Too many to mention. Thanks to the beauty of social media I am connected with amazing booksellers across the country, we're a small community and we share ideas, passions, frustrations, and encouragement regularly. Locally, West Michigan is rich with indie bookstores and I am so proud to be a part of this community. Aimee from The Bluestocking Bookshop was already a good friend and we both opened stores within 6 months of each other and the two of us have a regular group chat with Cheryl from The Book Nook of Saugatuck,
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- I love connecting people with stories they'll love, but have never heard of! During the lockdown we started selling Boredom Kits, flat rate kits that gave kids/adults 2-3 books along with some fun stickers or bubbles or other silly things. I had so much fun pulling books based on the survey they'd fill out and loved getting the feedback from parents about how excited their kids were about the books I'd picked for them.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- I do have a physical location! Bettie's Pages is located right downtown Lowell at 216 E Main St! I love our location, it's an amazing historical building. It's dry. Which turns out to be a pretty big deal after our first location flooded. And we have room to expand.