The Bluest Eye
by MORRISON, TONI
- First Edition of the author's first book; review copy, with the review slip and the author’s publicity photo laid in. A fine c
Standard Delivery: 5 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Bluest Eye is a 1970 novel by American author Toni Morrison. It is Morrison's first novel, written while Morrison was teaching at Howard University and was raising her two sons on her own. The story is about a year in the life of a young black girl in Lorain, Ohio named Pecola Breedlove. It takes place against the backdrop of America's Midwest as well as in the years following the Great Depression. Brutal in its depictions of racism, incest, and child molestation, The Bluest Eye has remained on the often-challenged and banned books list almost every year since its publication.
Read more: Identifying first editions of The Bluest Eye
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Bluest Eye
- MORRISON, TONI
- Book condition
- Used - First Edition of the author's first book; review copy, with the review slip and the author’s publicity photo laid in. A fine c
- Holt, Rinehart & Winston
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc.
About the Seller
About Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc.
Specializing in 19th and 20th century literature, signed and inscribed books, and manuscripts we maintain a high quality inventory. Our shop is located in the heart of Newton Centre where we are open by chance or appointment
In the long-standing tradition of the rare book trade we continue to mail regular catalogues to our customers. We are easily accessible via the MBTA Green Line's D Branch. We travel widely and attend both international and local book fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]