I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
by Angelou, Maya
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Titled after a stanza from Paul Laurence Dunbar’s poem “Sympathy,” I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is the first of a series of seven autobiographical novels by African-American poet and writer Maya Angelou. Personally deeply involved and affected by the civil rights movement, the volume explores racism and identity in her early life. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings was nominated for the National Book Award in 1970. However, due to its depiction of controversial subjects such as sexuality, lesbianism and rape, the use of the novel in classrooms has been frequently challenged.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- World of Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- Angelou, Maya
- Book condition
- second hand - Good
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- Westminster, Maryland, U.s.a.
- This edition first published
- April 1, 1983
Terms of Sale
World of Books Ltd
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly resolve any issues you may have. If you have any other queries about your order, please email email@example.com. Our goal is to deliver to our customers the best possible service and we hope your experience of dealing with us lives up to our promise. If for whatever reason we fail to meet your expectations then please let us know.
About the Seller
About World of Books Ltd
- Wob: Through Wob, we sell. We provide affordable, preloved books and media to customers all over the world. A book leaves our collection of over seven million titles and begins a new chapter every two seconds, enabling more goods to be reused.
- Ziffit: Through Ziffit, we buy. We give people around the world the opportunity to contribute to the circular economy, earn money and protect the planet, by trading their unwanted books and media.
- Shopiago: Through Shopiago, we help others. By sharing the technology that has grown World of Books Group into the business it is today, we're helping charities increase revenue and reduce waste through re-commerce.