UNPUBLISHED AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT: ALASKAN. "LET THERE BE LIGHT"
by MILLER, Joaquin
- Fine and rare, beautifully bound
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The "Poet of the Sierras," also known as the Buffalo Bill of American literature, Miller was indeed one of the more colorful authors of the late 19th century, known for fabricating many features of life. While still a boy he headed from Oregon to California during the early gold rush where he worked in a number of mining camps. He survived several battles with Indians as well as several altercations with the law. He earned his keep mostly from mining and the Pony Express before his writing sustained him.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Charles Agvent (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- UNPUBLISHED AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT: ALASKAN. "LET THERE BE LIGHT"
- MILLER, Joaquin
- Book condition
- second hand - Fine and rare, beautifully bound
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Manuscript; Manuscripts; History; Alaska; California; 19th Century American Literature; Alaskan Gold Rush; Western Americana; 19th Century Literature
- Bookseller catalogs
- 19th Century American Literature; Western Americana; Original Manuscript;
Terms of Sale
All books subject to prior sale. Payment with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $11.00 for the first book, $6.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, and American Express accepted. We are also open to reasonable payment terms. A book may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason provided it is in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.
About the Seller
About Charles Agvent
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [more]
- Marbled boards
- ... [more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]