Stride Toward Freedom: The Montgomery Story.
by King Jr., Martin Luther
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968), Nobel Peace Prize laureate and architect of the nonviolent civil rights movement, was among the twentieth century's most influential figures. One of the greatest orators in U.S. history, King is the author of several books, including Stride Toward Freedom: The Montgomery Story, The Trumpet of Conscience, Why We Can't Wait, and Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community? His speeches, sermons, and writings are inspirational and timeless. King was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee, on April 4, 1968. Clayborne Carson is professor of history at Stanford University, the founding director of the Martin Luther King, Jr., Research and Education Institute, and director of the King Papers Project. The author and editor of numerous books, he is general editorial advisor to The King Legacy and lives in Palo Alto, California.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Stride Toward Freedom: The Montgomery Story.
- King Jr., Martin Luther
- Book condition
- second hand
- Harper & Brothers, Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- martin luther king autograph, Martin Luther King Signed First Edition, Stride Toward Freedom Signed First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with... [more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]