Oaklands Park, South Australia, Australia
exPB specializes in Aboriginal, Australian, Biography, Children's, Literature, Local History, Military, Travel And Description.
Search the inventory of exPB
I am the daughter of Pioneer Books, our business has closed down after 43 years and I am listing some of it on my own account now that I'm the proud owner of the residual stock! I am selling them at half the price at which they were listed when Pioneer Books existed.
Terms of sale for exPBBooks are collated page by page before orders are confirmed. Shipping is calculated at cost and adjusted to that figure. It is up to the customer to decide whether to go ahead or cancel the order. Refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Before returning an item it is necessary to first initiate a discussion regarding the issues involved.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with Cathy Chua of exPB
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- My parents set up Pioneer Books in the mid seventies and I've had an ongoing involvement since my schooldays. Now I have inherited was is left of the stock and so I am listing some of it for myself.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- I try to spend as much time as possible in Adelaide where we have a bookshop at the end of our small street. It's called East Avenue Books and it specialises in literature, which means it's a magnet for me. Charming shop with lovely owners. But Adelaide still has lots of secondhand/antiquarian bookshops, even in the CBD and I try to go to all of them.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- I love literature. I don't collect anything, though I keep a few authors religiously. When I was still at school I had collections of books in areas of interest - my chess collection went to my chess playing brother. My music collection went to my piano playing brother. I realised early that collecting has a temporal quality.